Sunday, July 24, 2011

Day 30 hour 1

Tony is talking a little more today. he is confused about things. We were told he would be. We need to work with him to get his short term memory again. He was able to use my iPad to type in the word "Titan". We were going to watch a DVD on the moon landing and he decided he wanted to look up Titan. He didn't get much farther than typing it in. He also was able to read the white board in his room with the date on it. Since it is the week end he won't be getting any physical therapy until tomorrow. He should also be seeing the speech therapist tomorrow and we are hoping she will clear him to eat. We are still hoping he won't have to have a tube inserted in his stomach for feeding. We are also hoping he will get what's called a "button" on his tracheotomy soon. It would replace the purple cap and if he can keep it on for a couple days straight I believe they can remove the tube for the tracheotomy and stitch it up.

Sent from my iPad

2 comments:

  1. Paula,
    I can't begin to tell you how releived I am to see the BIG progress Tony is now making. I know the recovery road is a long journey but with the grace of God, and the support of family and friends, I have faith that Tony can handle it. A lot of people here at SKB are thinking of you and your family, and miss you. I pray for you guys several times every day and I look forward to seeing good news when checking the blog every day. Thank you for keeping us all up to speed.
    Keep the faith,
    Robert

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Robert for your support and prayers. I am very thankful for the progress he has made. God has been with us every step of the way.

    ReplyDelete