Thursday, August 25, 2011

post from Tony Hoffert

Hello to all. I'm Anthony and I would like to thank everyone for their prayers, cards, and words of encouragement. On June 24th I was involved in a terrible car accident (of which I have no memory of). I was air-lifted to Community Regional Medical Center in Fresno, California where I layed in a coma for well over two weeks. My initial prognosis was not good. My parents were told that due to the brain injuries I had incurred I would not wake up from my coma or, if I did I would possibly remain in a vegetative state. I believe your constant prayers for myself, my parents, and the staff and doctors at CRMC gave me the strength as well as my parents to endure this ordeal and also helped guide the doctors in the best course of action for my recovery. I have little memory of when I had initially awoke from my coma but as the days went by my memory of work, school, friends, etc. had returned (with the exception of the accident).

On July 29th I was transfered to Rancho Los Amigos, a rehabilitation hospital where I would re-learn how to walk, eat and talk again. Two and a half weeks later I was released from RLA and actually walked out on my own to my parents car.

Today, I had my first follow-up visit with my family doctor. He had recently received my medical reports from both CRMC and RLA. My doctor stated that one of the injuries I had received was so severe that people typically do not survive this type of trauma. He stated that it was a "miracle" that I not only lived but that I could also walk and talk.

I still have a ways to go as I build up my strength and stamina but I am determined, through the power of your prayers and an awesome God to make a full recovery. I'm looking forward to returning to work and seeing my co-workers again. Thank you all and please continue to pray for me.

Tony

6 comments:

  1. Tony we will continue to pray for you as you continue on your path to recovery. We also believe it is a miracle! Your mom was so good at keeping up with daily posts, but it is wonderful to see this post in your own words! God is so very good!

    The Jewell Family

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tony. It's great to see a post from you. I don't know if you remember me or not. I am a friend of your dad's. We used to work on the boat in Huntington Harbor. I remember when you used to come down with your dad to help us out.

    I've been following the blog, which your mom has done a great job with, every day. I've even posted a comment here and there. It has been so incredible to see your progress over the last several weeks. Keep up the great work. There are a lot of people out there praying for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tony, it was so wonderful to see this update and read about how wonderful you are doing. You are a blessed man and have an incredible family. It was a true gift to help care for you and your family. I will continue to pray for your wonderful recovery. Nettie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for your words of encouragement and prayers. My parents mentioned that you did a really good job which gave them much confidence in you and the CRMC staff. Sorry I missed you when I visited on Tuesday I did ask to see you by name.

    ReplyDelete