Saturday, June 25, 2011

The Accident

My little brother Tony was in a serious auto accident Friday, shortly before noon. On his way up to the family vacation, he was in a car accident with a semi-truck. Tony was air-lifted to a hospital in Fresno, CA where they had to put him into a medically induced coma.

Tony's brain was 50% swollen, so the doctors put a tube in him to drain the fluids on the brain. The swelling dropped to 20%, which is was obviously much better. At the moment it has dropped down to 6% swelling which i good news. However the doctor has said that the next four days are critical (life and death). The brain can swell a great deal over the next few days.

Tony has some other injuries (such as to his spleen), but the doctors are concentrating on the brain right now.

It is too early to give timelines, but the doctors say that if he makes it through these four days he will have a long recovery.

Please pray for Tony in this time. God is good, even in the worst of life's seasons.

My mom or I will be updating this blog when information comes in so you can all be up to date.

If you have prayer networks, please put Tony on the list. If you're not a Christian and you have Christian friends, please ask them to pray for Tony.

Thank you.


My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever (Psalm 73:26)

1 comment:

  1. Hey Matt.... that is tough news. We will be praying everyday for him ok! I'll follow the blog & pray specifically too. Hope you guys are ok being so far away at this time.... :(

    ReplyDelete