Saturday, July 23, 2011

Day 28 hour 21

When we came back into Tony's room last night at 8:30 . Tony was talking again. we asked if he was felling ok and he said "menthol". We were so happy he was talking and thought maybe be didn't know the right word for what he was saying. Then he said "what are the side effects".
We realized he was talking about "mantatol" , one of the drugs they were giving him when he was in a coma. His new room here is on the 10th floor and the heat rises . The air conditioner isn't working that well and it's hot. He thought the manitol was making him hot. the nurse got him a fan for his room and he felt better. he was answering questions with yes or no with his voice instead of shaking his head yes or no. it was coming much easier for him. this morning he is a bit tired still but we got a few verbal answers from him.

Sent from my iPad

4 comments:

  1. Hi Paula and Mike and Tony,
    Paula, for you, let me say that I have worked with Tony and Mike in the past at Boeing.
    If you get the opportunity and think it would be of any help, please tell Tony that I and my family are praying many times a day for his full recovery.

    Thank you so much for the news you have been relaying. It is not often that I get to see miracles happening, and I feel truly honored to be able to be a prayer warrior for Tony and the rest of you.

    God Bless You,

    Jim Scholz

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Jim. I will tell Tony that you and your family are praying for him. I know it will bring a smile to his face. Thank you so much for being a prayer warrior for him. it means so much to us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm Leanna, Matt's sister-in-law, and have been following this blog from day 1 and keeping Tony, Matt & your family in my prayers. Praise the Lord for His hand in Tony's life and progress thus far. It is so amazing to be reminded the intricate design God has created to allow the regeneration and renewal of our human parts. While I work in medicine every day I am not exposed to the whole patient medical recovery process as here I've been privileged to witness. Paula, you do a marvelous job explaining what every step of Tony's care has progressed. You are also an amazing strong woman of faith. Tony, may God richly bless you as you persevere through recovery and gain victory over these temporary setbacks. Never, ever give up on God. Always remember God is on your side & He will never, ever give up on you. Your family is proof of His unfailing love for you.
    Yours in Christ, Leanna Harris

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Leanna. I do remember you from the wedding. Like any other parent, I would have given my own life to avoid my child going through this. I wasn't given that option but it does give me comfort to know that "all things work out for the good for those who Love the Lord". I know God has a plan and will not waist any of this. I also know this life is only temporary and the greater goal is eternity. I can't imagine going through something like this without my faith.

    ReplyDelete