Friday, July 22, 2011

day 28 hour 6

They moved Tony into the step down unit this afternoon. We were trying to get him to talk again and figured a good place to start would be to have him say Matt again. This time in a very weak voice but clear enough for Mike and I to hear he responded to my voice saying "Matt" with the words "my brother"! He repeated the phrase for us about 3 or 4 times when we asked. Later I asked if he wanted me to change the channel on the TV and he said "no" on his own. when I left for shift change I asked him to speak again for me and I think he said "are you coming back?" Mike and I almost started crying we were so happy. Thank you Jesus!!

8 comments:

  1. This is more great news. Will continue to pray that these little steps keep on coming at a faster and faster pace. Looking back on it now it seems like a couple of giant steps. Let Tony know he's doing great. Sounds like you all will be home real soon. I'm sure that you are really looking forward to that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. this post made me tear up! i can't imagine what it's like to go through this and experience all these special miracle moments!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent news! Tell my little brother I love him!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tony's progress is awesome! He has come so far! This report made me cry but with happy tears. God is so good. The Bible tells us he will do "more than we ask or think". I am so happy for all of you! You all are always in my prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Karl he's made some pretty big steps from where we started for sure. I'll tell Tony you said that.

    ReplyDelete
  6. colleen, each step of progress has been even more exciting then watching him go through them as a baby because we didn't know if he would be able to ever do them again.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Matt, I'll tell him you Love him.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jan, God really is awesome. I am so thankful for what he has given back to Tony (and us).

    ReplyDelete