Monday, January 2, 2012

Happy New Years everyone! Tony and I got back home on the 31st. We had a wonderful time in London. It was really important for me to be with both my sons this year. I can't adequately describe the feeling. We came home for New Years Eve so we could spend that time with Mike. My first thought about putting 2011 behind us was one of joy. The accident was truly a nightmare that I never would have chosen to happen. After thinking about it for awhile I realized it was also an incredible year. God was there with us every step of the way. I Have really had to remember every day to turn the day over to him and trust his judgement. My faith has grown tremendously as I watched him heal Tony. We have been told that when Tony is done healing , cognitively he should be very close to where he was before the accident. I think he is getting very close to that already. It should take about a year for him to be Totally done healing.
Physically he is also doing very well. The eye doctor seems to think he can fix Tony's double vision and we will see the bone doctor about his finger in a couple of weeks. The reality of a complete recovery is becoming more real all the time.
I don't understand Gods whole plan for this yet. I suspect we won't totally understand until we are standing before him. We have however been given the gift of watching Gods hand in action. He carried us when we couldn't bear to walk alone. We stood helpless as God guided the doctors and nurses hands. We were amazed as things happened that were so scary to watch but turned out to be part of the healing process. We also felt the Love of so many people who prayed for Tony . So many we didn't even know. God is so good!

2 comments:

  1. Although the circumstances were dire, through Tony's experiences I grew strong in the faith. I thank God that he chose to give us the gift of Tony for many years.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks it makes it worth while if it helps someone else.

    ReplyDelete