Saturday, October 15, 2011

Yesterday Tony had a neuro optometry appointment. They did some more measurements on his eyes. Next Friday they will give him a prescription for some prism glasses. I think the prisms will be stuck inside a pair of clear glasses since his eyes are 20 20 still. That should take away the double vision. I believe the plan will be for him to come in for about 6 weeks of eye exercises once a week. She also wants to refer him to an eye surgion about adjusting the length of the eye muscles on his left eye. she wants the surgeon to get some measurements early in the game but thinks the surgery should happen in about 3 months. Neither Mike, Tony or I want him to get the surgery but we need to know what all the options are. She seems to think the best treatment would be therapy to improve the eyes as much as possible, and then a combination of surgery and prism glasses.
I am still praying for a complete recovery. Our God has been very merciful to us. When I look back to where we started this journey I am so amazed at where he is today. On that day I couldn't see Gods plan, but I knew he had one. That gave me comfort knowing that God loved Tony . I can not imagine what it would be like for someone who didn't have faith in God. Many times I would come up with my own plan in my head as to how things should go. When Tony had the trachea , he would cough a lot. It was hard to watch him so uncomfortable and I just wanted it to stop, but the doctor told us coughing was a good thing because it kept his lungs clear. That is just one example, but I was constantly being reminded that sometimes when things look bad, good things are actually happening. God had given wisdom to the doctors and nurses who treated Tony. We were thankful they had it and prayed for them to have it. They were able to see things that Mike and I could not, but their wisdom is just a speck of what Gods wisdom is. I believe the purpose of miracles is to build faith. I have seen a lot of that happen from Tonys accident. My faith has grown by leaps and bounds but I have also had many others come to me and tell me how their faith had been strengthened. I have also had a couple of people say they don't believe in miracles. I don't really know how to respond to that. I can only say that we are given free will to choose to believe or not. We love you and want you to have the peace that we do but that is between you and God.

No comments:

Post a Comment